4 ~ medium potatoes
2 ~ small sweet potatoes (about 1 lb)
1 cup ~ Milk
1 cup ~ grated cheddar cheese
1/2 cup ~ sour cream
2 Tbsp ~ chopped green onion
1 tsp ~ salt
Pinch ~ nutmeg
1. Peel and quarter regular potatoes. Peel and cut sweet potatoes into eighths/
2. In large saucepan, cover regular potatoes with cold water; bring to boil and cook for 5 mins.
3. Add sweet potatoes; cook another 15 mins or until they are tender when pierced with a
fork; Drain. Return to heat for 3 mins to dry, shaking pan occasionally.
4. Mash potatoes until smooth. Continue mashing while gradually adding milk.
5. Stir in Cheddar cheese, sour cream, onion, salt and nutmeg.
Suggestion is to use Russet or Yukon Gold potatoes, avoid using new potatoes. For the adventerous, top the mashed potatoes with carmelized onions or real bacon bits!