Chocolate Caramel Thumbprints
1/2 cup ~ butter, softened
2/3 cup ~ sugar
3 squares ~ Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted and cooled
1 ~ egg, separated
1 tsp ~ vanilla
1 cup ~ flour
1 cup ~ finely chopped pecans
15 ~ caramel squares, unwrapped
2 Tbsp ~ milk
1. Beat butter and sugar togeither until light and fluffy. Add melted chocolate, egg yolk and
2. Mix in flour until well blended. Press dough into large ball, cover with plastic wrap and
refrigerate about 20 minutes.
3. Turn oven on to 350. Roll dough into 1 inch balls. Dip each ball into lightly beaten egg and
roll in chopped pecans. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
4. Using your thumb or end of wooden spoon, make a deep indentation into the centre of
5. Bake for 10 - 12 mins. Remove from baking sheet and cool on wire racks.
6. Meanwhile, melt caramels and milk in a microwaveable bown on MEDIUM heat for about
1 minute. Stir until completely melted. Fill each thumbprint with a small spoonful of melted
caramel. Chill before serving.