Chocolate Candy Cane Cake
1 pkg ~ Chocolate cake mix (2 layer size)
1 pkg ~ Jello-o Chocolate Instant pudding (4 serving size)
4 ~ eggs
1c ~ sour cream
1/2c ~ water
1/2c ~ vegetable oil
4 sq ~ Baker's semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
3c ~ Cool Whip Topping thawed
18 ~ small candy canes coarsely crushed (about 1 cup)
1. Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease 2 - 9in round cake pans
2. Beat cake mix, dry pudding mix, eggs, sour crean, oil and water in a large bowl with an
electric mixer on low speed just until moistened, scraping sides of the bowl frequently. Beat
on medium speed 2 mins or until well blended.
3. Stir in chopped chocolate and 2 Tbsp of the crushed candy cane. Spoon batter evenly into
4. Bake 50 mins to 1 hour or until toothpick inserted near centre comes out clean. Cool in
pans 10 min or wire rack.
5. Loosen cakes from side of pan with spatula or knife. Invert cakes onto rack, gently remove
pans. Cool completely on wire rack.
6. Place 1 cake layer on serving plate. Spread evenly with 1 cup of whipped topping mix. Top
with remaining cake layer.
7. Frost top and side of cake with remaining whipped topping mixture. Garnish with additional
crushed candy cane.