Coconut Crusted Chicken
1 c ~ Coarsely chopped fresh coriander or basil
3 ~ Garlic cloves, cut in half
1 Tbsp ~ grated fresh ginger or 2 tsp bottled chopped ginger
400 ml can ~ Coconut milk
2 Tbsp ~ Soy sauce
1 Tbsp ~ Fish Sauce
2 Tsp ~ brown sugar
2 Tsp ~ Tabasco sauce
6 ~ Skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 1/2 c ~ unsweetened shredded coconut
Finely grated peel of 1 lime
1. Place coriander or basil, garlic, lime peel and ginger in a food processor. Pulse until
2. Add coconut milk, soy and fish sauces, sugar and Tabasco. Pulse until blended.
3. Slice chicken into large bite-size pieces. Place in a large plastic bag.
4. Pour in the Coconut milk mixture. Push chicken down into marinade. Tightly seal bag
with an elastic band as close to the chicken as possible.
5. Place in a bowl and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.
6. Preheat oven to 375. Line 2 baking sheets with foil, then set a wire rack on top.
7. Remove chicken from marinade. Discard marinade.
8. Place coconut in a bowl. Lightly coat chicken with coconut, one piece at a time. Place
9. Bake 40-45 mins until golden and chicken is springy when pressed.
Serve with Thai or Plum sauce
Serves 12 - 16