Cauliflower au Gratin
1 ~ Cauliflower, cut into florets (about 6 cups)
Half ~ Sweet red pepper, coarsely chopped
2 Tbsp ~ butter
3 Tbsp ~ all-purpose flour
1 ~ clove garlic, minced
1 1/4 cups ~ Milk
1/2 cup ~ grated cheddar cheese
1/4 cup ~ FRESHLY grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup ~ chopped fresh dill or parsley
1/4 tsp ~ each salt and pepper (or to taste)
1/2 cup ~ fresh bread crumbs
2 Tbsp ~ FRESHLY grated parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375. Lightly butter 6 cup baking dish
2. In a pot of boiling water, cook cauliflower for 3 to 5 mins or until tender-crisp. Drain well and
transfer to baking dish; sprinkle with red pepper.
3. In nonstick or heavy saucepan, melt butter. Add floour and garlic; cook, stirring over low
heat for 1 min. Pour in Milk; bring to simmer, stirring constantly. Simmer, stirring for 2 to 3
mins or until thickened.
4. Add Cheddar and Parmesan cheeses, dill, salt and pepper; cook, stirring just until the
cheese melts. Pour over Cauliflower
5. Topping: Mix bread crumbs with parmesan; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered for 25
to 30 mins or until bubbling.