Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk cookies
1 1/2c ~ Chunky Peanut butter
1/2c ~ butter, softened
3/4c ~ granulated sugar
2/3c ~ packed brown sugar
2 ~ eggs
1 1/2 tsp ~ vanilla
1c ~ quick cooking oats
3/4c ~ flour
1/2 tsp ~ baking soda
1 pkg ~ Baker's semi-sweet Chocolate (8 squares), chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Beat peanut butter and butter in a large bowl with mixer until creamy. Add sugars: beat until
light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs and vanilla and blend.
4. Seperately mix oats, flour and baking soda. Add to peanut butter mixture. Beat until
blended. Stir in chocolate.
5. Drop teaspoonfuls of dough, 1 inch apart onto baking sheets.
6. Bake 10 - 12 mins. Let them cool on bake sheets for 3-4 mins
Cookies finish baking on sheet. If you take the cookies out of the oven when the looked 100% cooked, you will end up with overbaked hard cookies. The baking sheet is still at 350 degrees when you take it out of the oven, so the cookies will continue to bake a little while they are sitting on baking sheet, cooling.