Layered black bean & lime Sour Cream dip
3 ~ plum tomatoes, seeded
2 ~ limes
1 ~ 19 oz can black beans
3 ~ garlic cloves, cut in half
2 tsp ~ chipolte Tabasco
1 1/2c ~ light or regular sour cream
1/2c ~ finely chopped fresh coriander
1c ~ grated cheddar
2 ~ green onions, thinly sliced
1. Finely chop tomatoes. Finely grate peel from limes. Set aside.
2. Drain beans, rinse and drain again. Place beans, garlic and Tobasco in food processor.
Squeeze in 1 Tbsp juice from 1 lime. Whirl until beans are pureed. Add 1 to 2 Tbsp of
water, if puree is too thick. Scrape into a large wide shallow serving bowl.
3. Place sour cream in a small bowl. Stir in 2 Tbsp juice from remaining lime.
4. Stir in coriander and lime peel. Dollop over bean puree and smooth top as best you can
5. Before serving, bring to room temperature and scatter tomatoes overtop. Sprinkle with
cheese, then top with onions.
Use with blue corn, regular tortilla chips, or pita crisps to scoop up the dip.