Hello adult treats!!! These cupcakes are made from scratch with a stout beer, then filled with an Irish Whiskey-chocolate filling and topped off with some Irish cream icing. These look like the perfect desser for the adults on St. Patrick's Day!
Chocolate Beer Cupcakes with Irish Whiskey filling and Irish Cream icing
3. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a bowl until thoroughly combined.
4. Beat eggs with sour cream in a large bowl with an electric mixer on low until well combined. Slowly beat in the beer mixture, then the flour mixture; beat until the batter is smooth.
5. Divide batter between the prepared cupcake cups, filling each cup about 2/3 full.
6. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, about 17 minutes.
7. Cool the cupcakes completely. Cut cores out of the center of each cupcake with a sharp paring knife. Discard cores.
9. Mix in 2 tablespoons butter and Irish whiskey until butter is melted; let mixture cool to room temperature. Filling will thicken as it cools.
10. Spoon the filling into the cored cupcakes.
For frosting, whip 1/2 cup butter in a bowl with an electric mixer until fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes.