A great fun way to add a little bit of healthiness to a day full of candy and chocolate. Keeping it fun looking and interesting will help make the fruit appealing to everyone
1 quart of strawberries
1 apple, grated
dark raisins or dried blueberries for the eyes
1. Peel the pineapple then cut 2/3 lengthwise – you want the body to be bigger than 1/2.
2. Remove the core with a serrated knife.
3. Slice the 2/3 part which is the body and set in bowl in bed of strawberries.
4. Carve the remaining 1/3 into a head – making ears and a shaped face. Set up against the body.
5. Carve out a hole for the eyes and fill with raisins.
6. Use the pineapple to make fringes for the bowl and whiskers.
7. Use the grated apple for the tail – you can use fresh lemon to keep it white
8. Use a banana for the legs and nose.
9. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.