Yummy cookies and cute bunnies, what a great way to enjoy Easter
250g butter, softened
1/2 cup (80g) icing sugar mixture
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups (300g) plain flour, sifted
2 tbsp rice flour, sifted
1/4 cup (30g) almond meal
1 cup (150g) Dark, Milk or White chocolate chips
2 tbsp cream
1. Using an electric mixer, beat butter, icing sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Stir in sifted flours and almond meal.
2. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth. Divide into two portions. Roll each portion of dough between sheets of baking paper until 1/4 inch thick; refrigerate 20 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 180ºC/350ºF. Grease and line two oven trays with baking paper.
4. Using 8cm Easter shaped cookie cutters, cut an even number of shaped biscuits from the dough. Place on prepared trays about 5cm apart. Bake about 17 minutes or until golden. Stand 5 minutes; cool on wire racks.
5. Meanwhile make chocolate filling. Combine chocolate chips and cream in a small microwaveable bowl, microwave uncovered on MEDIUM (50%) for 1 medium; stir. Repeat process in 30 second intervals until melted. Stand for 10 minutes or until cooled slightly and thickened.
6. Sandwich two cookies with chocolate filling; decorate cookies with ribbon bows if desired.