These things are serious sugar bombs. Rich, sweet, sinful. Delicious. Everything cookies and cream should be. Yum!
Cookies & Cream Cupcakes
Cookies and cream, in a cupcake. Delicious, chewy chocolate brownie cupcakes topped with cookies-and-cream buttercream, topped with a mini Oreo and, the pièce de résistance, an Oreo is baked right into the middle of the cupcake!
Author: Kitchen Treaty
Yield: 15 cupcakes
- 4 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate, broken into pieces
- ¾ cups (1½ sticks) unsalted butter
- 2 cups sugar (granulated)
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 15 Oreo cookies
- 15 mini Oreo cookies
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 Oreo cookies
- Line 15 cupcake holders with paper liners. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the chocolate and the butter in a large, microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave on high for about one minute, until the butter is melted and the chocolate is just melted. Give it a good stir to mix it all together.
- Stir in the granulated sugar, then add the eggs, stirring in one at a time. Then stir in the vanilla.
- Add the flour and stir well. The batter should be smooth and light-ish brown.
- Add about a tablespoon of batter to each muffin cup.
- Place one Oreo cookie on top of each cup of batter.
- Top with the remaining batter, dividing between the 15 cups.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 23 – 27 minutes, until the brownies are set but not overbaked. Cool completely.
- For the buttercream, seal the Oreo cookies in a Ziploc bag and crush with a rolling pin until they’re small crumbs.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, mix the butter, powdered sugar, milk, vanilla and Oreo crumbs. Start out on the lowest setting (this helps avoid a powdered sugar blizzard) and then increase to medium once the powdered sugar is well-incorporated. Mix until completely blended.
- Once the cupcakes are completely cooled, top with the Oreo buttercream. You can use a pastry bag with a big frosting tip, or, if you can’t find yours, a Ziploc bag works in a pinch. Just fill a big bag with the frosting, cut the corner off and squeeze the frosting out the corner onto the cupcake. Magic!
- Top each cupcake with a mini Oreo.