- oil for baking pan
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips or coarsely chopped dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly spray a baking sheet with oil. Stir flour with baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Beat butter with sugar in a large bowl until creamy, about 1 min. Beat in milk and vanilla. Gradually stir flour mixture into butter mixture, until just combined. Mix in chocolate chips.
- Scoop 1-tbsp portions, and place 2 in. apart on prepared sheet. Don’t press down, as the cookies will spread as they bake.
- Bake in centre of oven until cookies are golden around the edges, 8 to 10 min. Transfer sheet to a heatproof surface and leave for2 min, then move cookies to a rack to cool completely. Allow baking sheet to cool before repeating with remaining dough (or use a second prepared sheet). Cookies will keep well in a covered container at room temperature for up to 2 days.
TipsTo make-ahead, form dough into a thick disc and wrap well; refrigerate up to two weeks or freeze for up to a month.
Originally published in the Walmart Live Better May 2014 issue.