- 3 large sweet potatoes
- Push potatoes through a french fry cutter or hand cut so that pieces are uniform in size. Soak in ice water for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Heat a pan on medium, melt butter then add flour and whisk vigorously for about 8 minutes until the roux is amber colored. Remove from the heat.
- In another pan, lightly sauté shallots in olive oil over medium heat for about 1 minute. Add sea salt and pepper. Deglaze with organic beef stock, add thyme, brown sugar and bring to a simmer.
- Whisk in the roux and let reduce on medium low for 15 minutes. Stir in fresh, minced parsley.
- Strain chilled sweet potato fries and dry them in a salad spinner. It is important the fries be thoroughly dried before cooking.
- Heat peanut oil in a heavy pot on medium-high until oil thermometer reaches 375 degrees F. Fry the potatoes in small batches for 5 minutes, then lay them on a wire rack to drain.
- Place the fries on a plate, top with cheese curds and smother with gravy.