There is nothing like baking without the 'baking' part. In the summer, being able to make something sweet and yummy but not having to turn on that big oven! Here is a yummy treat with a lot of protein, with the quinoa and peanut butter. I am sure just about any butter would do here if you want to try Almond butter, natural or low fat versions of PB. Agave negtar can be found in every health food store. When purchasing Quinoa, make sure you get brands that already prewash the quinoa.
Quinoa Peanut Butter Balls
1 cup ~ puffed quinoa
½ cup ~ peanut butter
3-4 tbsp ~ agave nectar
1 tbsp ~ crushed peanuts (optional, for extra crunch if using smooth PB)
1 tsp ~ vanilla extract
dark chocolate (optional)
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, agave and vanilla. If the mixture is too firm, heat it up on the stove a little bit.
2. Add the puffed quinoa (and peanuts, if using), and stir to combine.
3. Place mixture in the fridge for 15 minutes to let it firm up.
4. Remove from fridge, roll into 12 balls, and return to fridge for 15 minutes before serving.
5. Optional: dip some or all of the balls in dark chocolate.
Makes 12 balls. Enjoy!